with FREE UK Standard Delivery
The Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter delivers the full power of the Applied Ballistics Elite ballistics software solver along with the Litz custom drag models for over 400 bullets. Together with the Kestrel's accurate measurement of wind and air density this unit delivers elevation and windage solutions for unrivalled accuracy on extended long-range shots.
Powered by Bluetooth Smart® provides wireless communication to mobile devices & computers.
Read the latest product review by joint-forces.com here »
Product code: 0857ABLK
The Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter comes complete with the extensive Applied Ballistics Elite software solution along with the Litz custom drag models for over 400 bullets. This combined with Kestrel's highly accurate wind speed, direction and air density measurements delivers unsurpassed elevation and windage solutions for long range shot accuracy.
The free to market Kestrel LiNK Ballistics App allows you to build and manage your gun/bullet profiles and download them to your Kestrel 5700 Elite so you are fully prepared prior to shooting. Choose from the extensive Litz library of custom bullet drag models for the most precise transonic and subsonic range solutions available anywhere.
Combine the Kestrel 5700 Elite with the Kestrel Vane Mount and Kestrel Mini Tripod and you have a stand-alone ballistics monitoring solution you can position at the firing range. Use the App to quickly adjust the target range and view the shooting solution and wind rose without leaving your shooting position. The LiNK Ballistics app even lets you set up multiple targets for single-screen viewing. A professional meteorological and ballistics solution while you shoot.
There are two versions of Kestrel 5700 Elite:
• With the standard Kestrel 5700 Elite data can be transferred using the K5000 USB Data Transfer Cable (sold separately) to a Windows/Mac device. The free of charge Kestrel LiNK Ballistics App will allow you to view and hold all data.
• The Kestrel 5500FW LiNK version has Bluetooth connectivity allowing you to transfer data wirelessly to an iOS (iPhone, iPad) device or Android smartphone or tablet when within range using the appropriate Kestrel LiNK Ballistics App. You can also transfer data wirelessly to a Windows or Mac computer using the optional Kestrel Bluetooth USB Dongle (sold separately). Data can be viewed live on the App up to 100 feet away (line of sight).
• LiNK enabled units can also be wirelessly paired with LiNK compatible laser rangefinders, such as the Bushnell Elite 1 Mile CONX, to seamlessly integrate target data into the ballistic solution for unparalleled speed and accuracy.
Mil-SPEC-810G drop tested with an IP67 waterproof rating the Kestrel 5700 Elite is designed and constructed to withstand the harsh treatment it will receive at the firing range or within military applications. The unit comes with a five-year warranty and certificate of conformity as standard.
Applied Ballistics has been providing custom drag models for use in trajectory prediction for many years. Custom Drag Models (CDM's) for bullets are a more refined way of modelling drag for bullets, it uses the actual measured drag of a specific bullet in a ballistics solver resulting in more accurate trajectory predictions especially when transonic.
Applied Ballistics ongoing research and testing has re-defined the art of modelling the aerodynamic drag of bullets, reducing uncertainty and continually improving accuracy. Custom Drag Models (CDM's) for over 500 bullets are available from the Applied Ballistics library.
• Dew Point Temperature
• Heat Stress Index
• Relative Humidity
• Current Wind Speed / Maximum Wind Gust / Average Wind Speed (mph, km/h, ft/min, m/s, knots and Beaufort)
• Wind Direction (Wind Direction and Orientation)
• Crosswind, Headwind, Tailwind
• Temperature (Air,Water,Snow) / Wind Chill (Fahrenheit and Celsius)
• Barometric Pressure (inHg and hPa (mb))
• Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
• Density altitude
• Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
• Exterior temperature, humidity & pressure sensors for fast & accurate readings
• High Contrast, sunlight readable monochrome LCD display with backlight - switchable White/Red
• Digital Compass
• Ballistics Calculator - Applied Ballistics®
• FREE Kestrel LiNK Apps for Windows & Mac (LiNK models only)
• FREE Kestrel LiNK Software for iOS and Android (LiNK models only)
• LiNK Wireless Communication to Mobile Devices (Bluetooth low energy), (LiNK models only)
• Data Log Graph View
• Data Logging - Adjustable Interval
• Battery Life Indicator
• Time & Date
• Min, Max & Average value readings
• Automatically store measurements, when powered on or off
• Advanced Ballistics Data table
• Aerodynamic Jump Correction
• Applied Ballistics Custom Drag Models
• Average and Peak Wind Correction
• Connect with LiNK Compatible Range Finders (LiNK models only)
• Coriolis Correction
• Create and store 5 Targets
• Create and store up to 30 Gun/Bullet Profiles
• G1/G7 Drag Models
• High Angle Shot Correction
• Integrated Applied Ballistics Calculator
• Moving Target Lead Correction
• Muzzle Velocity Calibration
• MV-Temp Table
• Range Card
• Spin Drift Correction
• Supports Mil, MOA, Clicks
• Subsonic Range Drop Scale Factor Calibration
• Standard and Night Vision Preserving Backlight
• Target Range Estimator
• Zero Offset
• Standard user-replaceable AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
• Drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards (10 drops from 4')
• Waterproof to IP67 (3'/1M for 30 minutes), Floats
• Multilingual Menus (English, French, Spanish, German)
|Kestrel 5700 Elite
with Applied Ballistics
|Kestrel 5700 Ballistics|
|£ inc. VAT||£ inc. VAT|
|Full Environmental Data|
|Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)|
|Easy Mode||With Bluetooth Models|
|Muzzle Velocity Calibration|
|Target Range Estimator|
|Direction of Fire|
|Night-Vision Back Light|
|Rifle Twist & Direction Input|
|G1 Ballistics Coefficients|
|MOA, Mills, Clicks, Horus Compatible|
|Spin Drift Correction|
|Zero Height, Zero Offset|
|G7 Ballistic Coefficients|
|Aerodynamic Jump Correction|
|Drop Scale Factor Calibration (Truing)|
|Kestrel Companion App (Win/Android)||With Bluetooth Models|
|Connect with LiNK Compatible Range Finders||With Bluetooth Models|
|Ballistics Data Table||Expanded||Basic|
|Multi-Target View (LiNK Ballistics App. Feature)||With Bluetooth Models|
|Remote Viewing (LiNK Ballistic App. Feature)||With Bluetooth Models|
|Gun/Bullet Profile Loader (LiNK Ballistic App. Feature)||With Bluetooth Models|
|Applied Ballistics G1/G7 Bullet Library (LiNK Ballistics App. Feature)||With Bluetooth Models|
|Applied Ballistics Litz Custom Drag Models (LiNK Ballistic App. Feature)||With Bluetooth Models|
|5 Year Warranty|
* Prices include VAT at 20% and standard delivery within the E.U. Please see our shipping terms
|Kestrel Link for Windows (v1.04.04)|
Simple communication to Windows computers is provided through the
optional LiNK .USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable.
Compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10
|Kestrel Link for OSX/Mac OS (v1.04.04)|
Transfer data from your Kestrel 5 Series device and archive on your Mac computer.
|Kestrel LiNK Ballistics for Android|
Wireless connection. When in range, view real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts
& download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analyzed, archived & shared via
e-mail, Facebook & Twitter.
NOTE: Range up to 100' line of sight – reduced by walls and obstructions.
Android Store »
|Kestrel LiNK Ballistics for iOS|
Wireless connection. When in range, view real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts and download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analyzed, archived and shared via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
NOTE: Range up to 100' line of sight – reduced by walls and obstructions.
Apple Store »
|Applied Ballistics Profile Loader|
The Applied Ballistics Profile Loader has been created by our partners at Applied Ballistics to easily create, transfer, and store bullet/gun profiles. Profiles can be created on a PC through the application or directly on the Kestrel and transferred via the software.
Applied Ballistics Profile Loader - Version 70
|Kestrel Elite & Sportsman Series - Quick Start Guide|
|Kestrel Elite & Sportsman Series - User Manual|
|Kestrel Elite & Sportsman Series - How To Get Started Using Your Kestrel|
|Kestrel Ballistics Catalogue|
|Kestrel LiNK App|
|Kestrel LiNK - App Manual Content|
|Guidance for Exporting with Kestrel LiNK iOS|
|How To Update Your Firmware LiNK Ballistics (Android)|
|How To Update Your Firmware LiNK Ballistics (iOS)|
|How To Update Your Firmware LiNK (Android)|
|How To Update Your Firmware LiNK (Windows)|
|Specification & Certificate of Conformity|
|Kestrel 5000 Series - Specification & Certificate of Conformity|
|Kestrel 5000 LiNK For Windows Bluegiga Dongle|
|Kestrel LiNK Bluegiga Dongle Help Guide|
|Chart Of Accuracy For Bullet Trajectory|
|How To Determine The Average Wind Direction|
|How To Graph Weather Data From LiNK CSV Files|
|How To Transfer Gun Profiles From 4500 Series To 5700 Series|
|Kestrel Impeller Replacement Instructions|
|Tips for Taking Accurate Measurements|
|Using WEZ Analysis To Increase Long Range P(HIT)|
|Where Does Wind Matter by Dan Periard|