Product code: BOMW
The Blue Ocean Megaphone is a robust marine grade megaphone designed specifically for use on the water and in harsh environments. It features a waterproof, impact resistant design with extremely durable parts that are designed to withstand the toughest of conditions and made to last.
The Blue Ocean Megaphone is essential for those spending time working or training on the water. Marine police, military training groups, sailing coaches, rowing coaches and others all depend on a waterproof, drop-safe Blue Ocean megaphone that delivers crystal clear sound making it easy to be heard in any conditions.
The Blue Ocean megaphone was the outcome of a design process focused on satisfying a need clearly identified from users of standard megaphones confronting the following issues:
• Cracking Horn - Blue Ocean Megaphone uses a highly impact resistant plastic wrapped with super comfort handles maximizing grip and protection
• Hit Megaphone Multiple Times To Operate - Built with a high quality digital amplifier and carefully sealed components preventing wiring shortages
• Water Getting In Megaphone - The Blue Ocean Megaphone is completely waterproof
• Muffled Distorted Sounds - The high quality digital amplifier delivers a crystal clear high quality sound
• Sound Too Quiet - The digital amplifier allows for loud and long range amplification
• Megaphone Too Heavy - The Blue Ocean Megaphone has no bulky batteries and comes with a super light rechargeable battery pack, minimising weight
• Battery Cost High - The Blue Ocean Megaphone's rechargeable batteries keep costs low
• Battery Door Breaks - A simple twist in battery housing removes need for battery door
• Microphone - Location at the top of the unit allows for clear sight above the megaphone while speaking into it
• Protective Bumper - Adds in shock absorption and protection. Great at protecting when horn is places face down
• Wrap-around Handles - For an easy and comfortable grip
• Microphone Connector - If you own a Cox Box, it uses the same connector
• Siren/Horn Button - Loud alerts to grab people's attention from a distance
• Rechargeable Battery - Removable and compact, it eliminates the hassle of replacing multiple batteries, wasting money each year
• Battery Lock - Ensures your battery will stay locked in place no matter how you use your megaphone
• Volume & Power - Large dial and convenient location makes for easy adjustments
• Optimal Shape - Designed to deliver the loudest, clearest sound
• Waterproof & Floats
• Very Drop Resistant
• Bounces without Breaking
• Meets MIL-STD-810G Transit Shock Standard
• Extremely loud
• Clear sound
• Long-lasting battery
• Built to Last
• Five-year warranty
• The Blue Ocean Rugged Megaphone is available in White & Blue or Military Green & Tan
• Sailboat racing
• Youth sports
• Military Police
• Harbour management
Megaphone: 12.75 x 12 x 8.5 in / 31.75 x 30 x 21.25 cm
Battery Charger: 2.5 x 4.25 x 32.5 in / 6.25 x 10.75 x 8.25 cm
Battery Pack: 3 x 2 x 1.55 in
Megaphone: 3.4 lbs. with battery pack installed
Battery Charger: 13.6 oz. / 385 g
Battery Pack: 3.8 oz. / 108 g
|Sound output||Power output||22 watts peak, 19 watts rated|
|Amplifier||High-efficiency Class-D digital amplifier|
|Power||Battery pack||NK Blue Ocean Lithium-Polymer Battery Pack - PN 0105 11.1VDC Typical, 11.1Whr|
NK Blue Ocean Battery Charger - PN 0106
Input Voltage: 90-264VAC, 50-60Hz, 7 Watts
Universal input capable - compatible with all world currents with appropriate adapter plug
|Battery capacity||Dependent upon volume and continuity of operation. 8 hours typical operation - defined as speaking 35% of the time at volume level 6. 30 hours of standby time|
|Battery life cycle||80% rated capacity after 300 charge/discharge cycles 60% rated capacity after 500 charge/discharge cycles|
Charging 0°C to 45°C / 32°F to 115°F
Storage and Use -20°C to 45°C / -4°F to 115°F
(Battery capacity significantly reduced below freezing.)
|Water resistance||IP-67 (Excludes all dust and excludes water for 30 minutes at 3.3ft / 1M submersion)|
|Buoyancy||Megaphone with battery pack installed floats.
Battery pack alone and charger do not float.
|Drop resistance||MIL-STD-810F 516.5 Procedure IV Transit Shock, drop height 36 in/91 cm onto plywood over concrete|
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: 1. This device may not cause harmful interference, and 2. This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This Class B digital device complies with Canadian ICES-003.
Conforms with Council Directive 2004/108/EC (12/15/2004) on Electromagnetic Compatibility.
RoHS (Reduction of Hazardous Substances) compliant.
Marked in accordance with the WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Directive. Please do not dispose of the Megaphone, Charger or Battery Pack in your household rubbish. Return to R-P-R, an R-P-R dealer, or a designated recycling centre for proper recycling and disposal.
The manufacturer reserves the right to amend the specification and therefore the information in this document may be subject to change.
|Environmental Monitoring (Wind Systems)|
|Health & Safety Monitoring|
|Marine, Ships & Harbours|
|Scientific Research & Education|
|Sports (for Wind Systems)|
|Sports (for Data Loggers)|