Product code: WSFLXTCPLCD£ POA
Developed with crane manufacturers this system connects directly to the cranes PLC system whilst also offering the benefit of a local display within the crane cab.
The system utilises a Gill WindSonic WS3 sensor with analogue output that connects to the crane PLC using RS485 duct grade cable. A spur is run from this cable to the WS-15A display that has an easy to read 40 character display which shows wind speed in a choice of measurement units and wind direction in degrees and wind arrow with cardinal points. The display is configurable so users can set a high wind speed alarm with adjustable hold off and hold on times to avoid false alerts.
Call our technical team on +44 (0) 1590 641223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific construction site requirement in detail.
The FlexiMet Tower Crane, PLC Integrated & Display System connects the sensor to a local programmable WS-15A display that can operate either an audible, visual or dual alarm when user defined parameters have been met. The wind speed alarm is configurable as either a high or a low alarm and to avoid false alarm events, there are adjustable hold off and hold on times. The 40 character easy to read display shows wind speed in a choice of measurement units and wind direction in degrees, as a wind arrow and as cardinal points.
In addition, a spur sends data directly from the Gill WindSonic 3 (WS3) sensor to the cranes PLC system in analogue format using RS485 duct grade cable.
The WS-15A display is housed in an IP65 rated enclosure making it ideal for the harsh construction site environment. The system delivers wind measurements to the appropriate industry standards including IEC-61400 as well as a full list of other weather parameters if required.
Richard Paul Russell Ltd work with clients to deliver bespoke solutions, please contact our technical team on +44 (0) 1590 641223 or email email@example.com to discuss your specific requirements.
• Simple set up
• Rugged IP65 rated water-resistant display, suitable for outdoor installation
• IP65 rated multi tone audible alarm
• Easy to operate display with user prompts
• Selectable wind speed units
• Clear alpha-numeric display with backlight for night viewing
• High or low wind speed alarm functionality with hold-on and hold-off period
• Date and time stamped readings logged and stored every second as standard
• .CSV (Excel) data file format for easy transfer to PC
• Low power consumption
• A full suite of weather parameters can be measured including wind speed, wind direction, air temperature, relative humidity, barometric pressure, dew point and precipitation
• Maintenance-free, super-accurate ultrasonic sensors resulting in a cost effective long term solution
• 2 year warranty as standard
• WindSonic 3 (WS3) Sensor
• WS-15A programmable LCD display
• Junction Box Spur to PLC
• WindSonic Mounting Mast (anodised aluminium, length 0.75metres)
• RS485 cable (between sensor & WCU) complete with connectors
• 12Vdc power lead
• Various cable lengths are available please call for quotation
|Sensor||Varies with selection|
|WS-15A Display||See WS-15A web page »|
|Mounting Mast for Gill Sensors||
Diameter: 44.45mm OD
Drilled & tapped (MS)
Anodised aluminum alloy, depth of 15 micros
|RS485 Cable||See RS485 cable web page »|
12Vdc power lead
Binder plug connector