Product code: WSWFGSMTC£ POA
The GSM Connected Tower Crane system is the ultimate solution for live wind and weather monitoring for cranes and construction sites.
The WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) receives data from the sensor, logs the data locally and shares it via a secure independent GSM cellular network connection to the internet where it can be viewed 24/7 on WeatherFile.com from any location cost free. In addition, the WeatherFile Communication Units’ (WCU) own local WiFi network allows data to be viewed over any WiFi enabled device within 50m.
Call our technical team on +44 (0) 1590 641223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific construction site requirement in detail.
The WeatherFile GSM Connected Tower Crane System is a unique internet connected weather station designed specifically for construction sites and tower cranes, the rugged durable design with IP67 rated enclosure makes it ideal for the harsh construction site environment. The system delivers wind measurements to the appropriate industry standards including IEC-61400 as well as a full list of other weather parameters if required.
At the heart of the WeatherFile GSM Connected Tower Crane System is the WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) which provides the means of connecting the weather sensors via GSM cellular network to WeatherFile.com. Data is viewable on WeatherFile.com and is also directly accessible within 50m of the WCU using its own WiFi on a local display page.
The WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) is housed in a tough, weatherproof (IP67) enclosure with high quality Binder plug connectors, one cable connects the sensor to the WCU, and the system is powered via 12Vdc making installation incredibly simple and cost effective.
In addition, the WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) has a host of
features to ensure the system operates consistently at the
• Data logged even if internet connection lost, data will catch up once connection restored
• Power control system manages individual system elements
• Data delivery to WeatherFile can be scheduled to reduce power consumption
• Optional data privacy via SSL secure login to a private area on WeatherFile.com
Richard Paul Russell Ltd work with clients to deliver bespoke solutions, please contact our technical team on +44 (0) 1590 641223 or email email@example.com to discuss your specific requirements.
Systems are also available for short term rental hire or long term lease, terms vary depending on system specification and rental/lease period, please contact us for more information.
• Fast 'plug and play' set up. Live data within minutes
• 24/7 fully managed public internet accessible view of live data from your location wherever you are via WeatherFile.com
• Individual location intranet landing page as standard
• 14 day data history graphs as standard
• Data can be downloaded for detailed analysis and graphing in .CSV (Excel) file format rights free without cost
• A full suite of weather parameters can be measured including wind speed, wind direction, apparent and true wind, WMO wind average and gust, air temperature, air pressure, temperature, relative humidity, absolute humidity, barometric pressure, dew point and precipitation
• Optional compass and GPS positioning
• Email alert functionality when set parameters have been met, such as a wind speed limit
• Maintenance-free, super-accurate sensors resulting in a cost-effective long-term solution
• 2 year warranty as standard
• Sensor (dependent on your selection)
• WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU)*
• Mounting Mast (WindSonic; anodised aluminium, length 0.75metre, Calypso; anodised aluminium, length 1metre)
• RS232 or RS485 cable (between sensor & WCU) complete with connectors
• Connection to WeatherFile.com website
• 12Vdc power lead with Binder connector for WCU
*SIM card varies, refer to SIM card & network selection guide in documents tab
|Sensor||Refer to manual on documents tab, varies with selection|
|WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU)||See WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) »|
|Mounting Mast for Gill Sensors||
Diameter: 44.45mm OD
Drilled and tapped (MS)
Anodised aluminium alloy, depth of 15 microns
|Calypso Mounting Mast||
Aluminium inside: Ø: 23 mm
Aluminium outside: Ø: 25 mm
Aluminium thickness: 1 mm
Calypso sensor thread sizing: M16x1,5 aluminium male thread (Ø 20 drill to allow wiring)
VHF mount thread sizing: 1"-14 UNS thread (Ø 20 drill to allow wiring)
|RS232/RS485 Cable||Varies with length|
|Power Supply||12Vdc power lead 3m cable Binder plug connector|
|WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU)|
|WindSonic User Manual - Issue 27 (Current Version)|
|GMX 200 Sensor|
|GMX 500 Sensor|
|GMX 600 Sensor|
|Calypso Ultrasonic Wired Standard - User Manual (English)|
|SIM Card & Network Selection Guide|
|Mounting Mast for Gill Sensors Data Sheet|
|Wind Guidance Note for Working at Height|
|CPA-Tower Crane Info Note|
|Wind System Mast Mounts|