Product code: WFMBC
The WeatherFile mobile broadband connected system offers a secure independent GSM mobile connection for live wind and weather monitoring.
The WeatherFile Mobile Unit (WMU) receives data from the sensor and transfers it via a secure independent GSM mobile connection to the internet where it can be viewed via the WeatherFile website. In addition the WeatherFile Mobile Units' (WMU) own local WiFi network allows data to be viewed over your connected device within 50m.
This system offers a secure 'fit and forget' solution with simple, quick and easy installation supported by our dedicated technical team.
Choose your sensor based on the parameters you want to measure.
|Apparent / True Wind Speed|
|WMO Wind AV/Gust|
If you want to discuss a bespoke system specification or have any questions call
our technical team on +44 (0) 1590 641223 or email email@example.com
• Fast 'plug and play' set up. Live data within minutes
• Secure standalone GSM mobile connection (3G/4G), 3 year SIM card contract included
• 24/7 fully managed public internet accessible view of live data from your location wherever you are via WeatherFile.com
• Individual site intranet landing page as standard
• 14 day data history graphs as standard
• Data can be downloaded for detailed analysis and graphing
• A full suite of weather parameters can be measured including wind speed, wind direction, apparent and true wind, WMO wind average and gust, air temperature, air pressure, relative humidity, absolute humidity, barometric pressure, dew point and precipitation
• Optional compass and GPS positioning
• Email alert functionality when set parameters have been met, such as wind speed or wind speed in relation to wind direction
• Maintenance free super accurate sensors resulting in a cost effective long term solution
• Lightning protection can be added, please contact us for a quotation
• 2 year warranty as standard
• Sensor (dependent on your selection)
• WindSonic Mounting Mast (anodised aluminium, 0.9metres long)
• 10m RS232 Cable (between sensor & WCU) with WSCONN and Binder WCU connector
• WeatherFile Mobile Unit (WMU) with SIM card and 3 year contract
• Connection to WeatherFile website
• Power Supply Unit
• 3m USB lead with Binder connector for WCU
PHOENIX MODEL CLUB
WEATHERFILE WF1 SYSTEM
Richard Paul Russell Ltd. was delighted to offer a cost effective 'plug and play' solution to Phoenix Model Flying Club. Founded 30 years ago with over 200 members, they required ground level highly accurate wind data so members can judge safe limits to fly. An essential part of the requirement was for members to be able to view the data remotely so they can avoid unnecessary trips to the club when high winds are present.
Richard Paul Russell Ltd. delivered a cost-effective solution that exceeded the clients brief, meeting all their "must-haves" with additional desirable functionality well within budget. Key elements of the system included a WeatherFile Connection Unit (WCU) that gathers data directly from the sensor that is sent over the local WiFi network to the WeatherFile website. This data can be viewed over the public internet with any connected device from any location. Additional email alert functionality enables club members to receive notifications directly to their inbox when wind limits are exceeded.
The system was self-installed on time within budget and to specification, delivering highly accurate live wind speed and direction readings through a Gill WindSonic 1 sensor connected directly to WeatherFile. Email alerts and long term data capture provide a complete solution that far exceeds the clients' expectations.