Product code: WSWF3
The WeatherFile WF3 system offers a perfect solution for the health and safety market with local alarm or relay functionality.
The sensor connects to a local programmable WS-15A display that can operate either an audible alarm or volt free relay when user defined parameters have been met. The WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) receives data via the WS-15A display and transfers it using either a LAN (local area network), local Wi-Fi network or GSM/GPRS 3G/4G connection to the internet where it can be viewed using the WeatherFile.com website over the public internet/or locally on PC.
Follow our step by step process to configure your WeatherFile solution:
Step 1: Select your sensor based on the parameters you want to measure (see Sensor Selector)
Step 2: Select your preferred connectivity to WeatherFile.com; GSM/GPRS, WiFi or LAN (ethernet cable)
[SIM not included when buying GSM cellular option]
Step 3: Select your regional power supply; UK, EU, USA or AUS/ASIA
If you want to discuss a bespoke system specification or have any questions call our technical team on +44 (0) 1590 641223 or email email@example.com
The WeatherFile WF3 system incorporates a local programmable WS-15A display that allows users to set a wind speed alert that triggers a volt free relay to activate a local audible alarm. The wind speed alarm is configurable as either a high or a low alarm and to avoid false alarm events, there are adjustable hold off and hold on times. The 40 character easy to read display shows wind speed in a choice of measurement units and wind direction in degrees, as a wind arrow and as cardinal points.
The WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) provides the means of connecting the weather sensors via GSM/GPRS, WiFi or LAN to WeatherFile.com. Data is viewable on WeatherFile.com and is also directly accessible within 50m (GSM/GPRS only) of the WCU using its own WiFi on a local display page.
The WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) is housed in a tough, weatherproof (GSM/GPRS & WiFi IP67 rated & LAN IP65 rated) enclosure with high quality Binder power plug connector. One cable connects the sensor to the WS-15A and the system is powered via a 12Vdc mains adaptor plug making installation incredibly simple and cost effective.
The WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) has a host of features to ensure the
system operates consistently at the highest level:
• Data logged even if internet connection lost, data will catch up once connection restored
• Power control system manages individual system elements
• Data delivery to WeatherFile can be scheduled to reduce power consumption
• Optional data privacy via SSL secure login to a private area on WeatherFile.com
To configure your WeatherFile solution simply follow the steps below:
• Step 1: Select your sensor based on the parameters you want to measure (see Sensor Selector)
• Step 2: Select your preferred connectivity to WeatherFile.com; GSM/GPRS, WiFi or LAN (ethernet cable)
[SIM not included when buying GSM cellular option]
• Step 3: Select your regional power supply; UK, EU, USA or AUS/ASIA
Richard Paul Russell Ltd work with clients to deliver bespoke solutions, please contact our technical team on +44 (0) 1590 641223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific requirements.
Systems are also available for short term rental hire or long term lease, terms vary depending on system specification and rental/lease period, please contact us for more information.
• Fast 'plug and play' set up. Live data within minutes
• 24/7 view of live data via WeatherFile.com
• Individual location intranet landing page as standard
• 14 day data history graphs as standard
• Data can be downloaded for detailed analysis and graphing in .CSV (Excel) file format rights free without cost
• A full suite of weather parameters can be measured including wind speed, wind direction, apparent and true wind, WMO wind average and gust, air temperature, air pressure, temperature, relative humidity, absolute humidity, barometric pressure, dew point and precipitation
• Optional GPS positioning
• Email alert functionality when a user defined wind speed limit has been exceeded
• WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) housed in tough, weatherproof enclosure
• IP67 GSM/GPRS & WiFi versions
• IP65 LAN version (IP67 on request only)
• Local programmable IP65 rated WS-15A LCD display with connected audible alarm as standard
• Volt free relay functionality as an alternative to the audible alarm
• Maintenance-free, super-accurate sensors resulting in a cost-effective long-term solution
• Lightning protection can be added, please contact us for a quotation
• 2 year warranty as standard
• Sensor (dependent on your selection)
• WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU)
• GSM/GPRS & WiFi, IP67 rated
• LAN, IP65 rated (IP67 on request only)
• WindSonic Mounting Mast (anodised aluminium, length 0.9 metres)
• 15m RS232 cable (between sensor & WS-15A display)
• WS-15A programmable LCD display, with sealed gland and 3m of cable
• Audible alarm sounder, with sealed gland and 3m of cable
• 12Vdc mains adaptor plug (dependant on regional selection), with 3m of cable and Binder 720 series connector to WCU
• Connection to WeatherFile.com website
|Sensor||Varies with selection|
|WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU)||See WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) web page »|
|Mounting Mast for Gill Sensors||Height: 895mm
Diameter: 44.45mm OD
Drilled and tapped (MS)
Anodised aluminium alloy, depth of 15 microns
|RS232 Cable (Sensor to WCU)||
Weight: 0.65 kg approx
Construction: 5 core, tinned copper conductor 24(7) AWG, 0.22mm2, PVC insulation, Cores laid up, overall aluminium/polyester foil screen, tinned copper drain wire (24AWG), PVC sheath.
|Power Supply||12Vdc mains adaptor plug, varies with geographical region with 3m of cable and Binder 720 series connector|
|WS-15A Display||See WS-15A web page »|
|Cable (WS-15A to WCU)||3m cable from WS-15A, with sealed gland and 3m of cable|
|Audible Alarm Sounder||See Audible Alarm Sounder web page »|
|WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU)|
|Audible Alarm Data Sheet|
|WindSonic User Manual - Issue 27 (Current Version)|
|LCJ Capteurs CV7 Sensor|
PHOENIX MODEL CLUB
WEATHERFILE WF1 SYSTEM
Richard Paul Russell Ltd. was delighted to offer a cost effective 'plug and play' solution to Phoenix Model Flying Club. Founded 30 years ago with over 200 members, they required ground level highly accurate wind data so members can judge safe limits to fly. An essential part of the requirement was for members to be able to view the data remotely so they can avoid unnecessary trips to the club when high winds are present.
Richard Paul Russell Ltd. delivered a cost-effective solution that exceeded the clients brief, meeting all their "must-haves" with additional desirable functionality well within budget. Key elements of the system included a WeatherFile Connection Unit (WCU) that gathers data directly from the sensor that is sent over the local WiFi network to the WeatherFile website. This data can be viewed over the public internet with any connected device from any location. Additional email alert functionality enables club members to receive notifications directly to their inbox when wind limits are exceeded.
The system was self-installed on time within budget and to specification, delivering highly accurate live wind speed and direction readings through a Gill WindSonic 1 sensor connected directly to WeatherFile. Email alerts and long term data capture provide a complete solution that far exceeds the clients' expectations.