with FREE UK Standard Delivery
The Calypso Ultra-Low Power RS485 Anemometer has an upper wind speed range of 40m/s (78 knots) combined with an innovative shape improving performance in high winds and heavy rain. The extremely low power requirement makes it the ideal choice for remote locations and areas with poor power supply. The sensor can also be connected to the WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) to create a complete end to end IoT connected wind monitoring solution.
Small, light and incredibly compact the Calypso Ultra-Low Power RS485 Anemometer has been designed to improve high wind speed recording accuracy and durability. With no mechanical parts reliability is maximised and maintenance minimised. The sensors unique shape has also improved performance in heavy rain minimising pooling of water on the transducers.
The transducers communicate between themselves two by two using ultrasonic range waves. Each couple of transductors calculate the signal delay and get information about both, wind direction and wind speed.
Data output is in NMEA0183 (RS422, RS485) with a POLL output option allowing it to be integrated with other sensors. This feature is especially relevant for wind farm assessment, where many anemometers are mounted at the same location and wind information is sent to the data logger through a common bus.
The sensor comes complete with 2 metres of cable and a 33cm aluminium mounting mast and is incredibly simple to install. The sensor simply screws onto the 33cm high quality aluminium mounting mast that is included, this mounting mast has a base compatible with standard VHF antenna mounts (1"-14 UNS thread), (Ø 20 drill to allow wiring). Other mast options are available, please see Calypso Sensor Mounting Masts for the full range.
For terrestrial applications, the sensor can also be connected to the WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) to create a complete end to end IoT connected wind monitoring solution, see the WeatherFile WF1 Weather Station.
• Power boats
• Extreme sports
• Temporary structures
• Remote wind monitoring stations
• Road & rail tunnels
• Environmental field sites
• Marine vessels
• Mobile weather monitoring vehicles
• Small airports & helipads
• Coastal weather monitoring stations
• Yacht clubs
• Golf courses
• Tower crane operation
• Health and safety
• Wind turbine, renewable energy
• Wind speed & wind direction; m/s, knots or km/h.
• 40m/s upper wind speed range
• NMEA0183 (RS422, RS485) / POLL Output
• Poll Output description (based on NMEA0183)
• Sample rate: 0.1 Hz to 20 Hz
• Extremely low power consumption; 0.4 mA at 38400 bauds, 1 Hz. (5V)
• Compact; diameter 68 mm, height 65 mm
• Lightweight; 210 grams
• 330mm aluminium mounting mast included
• Alterative lengths and carbon fibre masts available
• 2m cable as standard (other lengths available on request)
• Robust construction
• No moving parts
• Extremely low maintenance
• WeatherFile cloud solution ready when using the WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU)
• 24 months warranty
|Wind Speed||Range: 1 - 40 m/s|
|Wind Direction||Range: 0 - 360°|
Sample rate: 0.1 - 20 Hz
Ultrasonic transducers (4x)
Thermometer, Gyroscope, Accelerometer
(Accuracy may vary depending upon the App used, its release and the firmware version)
NMEA0183 (RS422, RS485) / POLL Output
**Poll Output description (based on NMEA0183), See NMEA0183 Protocol Document
|Configuration Options||Baud rate: 2400 to 115200 (8n1) bauds|
|Firmware||Current version: TBA, Upgradeable|
|Power Consumption||0.4 mA at 38400 bauds, 1 Hz. (5V)|
|IP Code||NOT allowed to be submerged fully or partially in water|
Diameter: 68 mm
Height: 65 mm
Cable: 20 metres
|Easy mount||16 mm (M16x2) female thread|
|Calypso ULP485 - User Manual (English)|