with FREE UK Standard Delivery
The Calypso Ultra-Low Power RS485 Anemometer has two upper wind speed range options of 25m/s (48 knots) or 40m/s (78 knots) combined with an innovative shape improving performance in high winds and heavy rain. The extremely low power requirement makes it the ideal choice for remote locations and areas with poor power supply. The sensor can also be connected to the WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) to create a complete end to end IoT connected wind monitoring solution.
Small, light and incredibly compact the Calypso Ultra-Low Power RS485 anemometer has been designed to improve high wind speed recording accuracy and durability. With no mechanical parts reliability is maximised and maintenance minimised. The sensors unique shape has also improved performance in heavy rain minimising pooling of water on the transducers.
The sensor comes in three options as follows:
• RS485/422 communication protocol with upper wind speed accuracy of 25m/s
• RS485/422 communication protocol with upper wind speed accuracy of 40m/s
• UART communication protocol with upper wind speed accuracy of 40m/s
In addition, the sensor can be combined with the NMEA Connect Plus Gateway to add Bluetooth or WiFi communication to convert the NMEA0183 wind data into NMEA2000 for easy connection to your boats NMEA networks, see the NMEA Connect Plus Gateway for more information.
The transducers communicate between themselves two by two using ultrasonic range waves. Each couple of transductors calculate the signal delay and get information about both, wind direction and wind speed.
Data output is in NMEA0183 (RS422, RS485) or UART with a POLL output option allowing it to be integrated with other sensors. This feature is especially relevant for wind farm assessment, where many anemometers are mounted at the same location and wind information is sent to the data logger through a common bus.
The sensor comes complete with 2 metres of cable, our technical team can
supply any cable length you require on request.
Various mast mount options are available, as standard we offer a 33cm or 1m aluminium mounting mast and pole adaptor, the sensor simply screws onto the 33cm high quality aluminium mounting mast. The mounting mast has a base compatible with standard VHF antenna mounts (1"-14 UNS thread), (Ø 20 drill to allow wiring). Other mast and mounting options are available, please see Calypso Sensor Mounting Masts for the full range.
For terrestrial applications, the sensor can also be connected to the WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) to create a complete end to end IoT connected wind monitoring solution, see the WeatherFile WF1 Weather Station.
• Power boats
• Extreme sports
• Temporary structures
• Remote wind monitoring stations
• Road & rail tunnels
• Environmental field sites
• Marine vessels
• Mobile weather monitoring vehicles
• Small airports & helipads
• Coastal weather monitoring stations
• Yacht clubs
• Golf courses
• Tower crane operation
• Health and safety
• Wind turbine, renewable energy
• Wind speed & wind direction; m/s, knots or km/h
• 25m/s or 40m/s upper wind speed range options
• NMEA0183 (RS422, RS485) / POLL Output
• Poll Output description (based on NMEA0183)
• Alternative UART communication protocol option available
• Sample rate: 0.1 Hz to 20 Hz
• Extremely low power consumption (ULP): <0,4mA @5V, 1Hz
• Compact; diameter 70x70 mm
• Lightweight; 130-240 grams
• 330mm aluminium mounting mast included
• Alterative lengths and carbon fibre masts available
• 2m cable as standard (additional cable lengths available on request)
• Robust construction
• No moving parts
• Extremely low maintenance
• WeatherFile cloud solution ready when using the WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU)
• 24 months warranty
|Wind Speed||Range: 1 - 40 m/s|
|Wind Direction||Range: 0 - 360°|
|Output Units||m/s, knots, km/h|
|Sensors||Ultrasonic transducers (4x)|
|Sample Rate||0.1 - 20 Hz|
|Data Output||NMEA0183 (RS485 on demand/Poll)|
|Baud Rate||2400 to 115200 (8n1) bauds|
|Firmware||Upgradeable, Current version TBA|
|Power Consumption||0.4 mA at 38400 bauds, 1 Hz. (5V)|
|IP Code||NOT allowed to be submerged fully or partially in water|
Diameter: 68 mm
Height: 65 mm
Cable: 20 metres
|Easy mount||16 mm (M16x2) female thread, vertical and right angle mounting options available|