with FREE UK Standard Delivery
The Calypso Wired WiFi anemometer comes with NMEA 0183 data output and WiFi communication, allowing you to simultaneously communicate the wind data to your boat's NMEA 0183 network and view locally with an IOS or Android compatible App via WiFi communication.
Small, light and incredibly compact the Calypso Ultrasonic Wired WiFi anemometer has been designed to remove mechanical parts and to maximise reliability and minimise maintenance. The transducers communicate between themselves two by two using ultrasonic range waves. Each couple of transductors calculate the signal delay and get information about both, wind direction and wind speed.
The NMEA 0183 data output and WiFi communication link allow you to simultaneously communicate the wind data to your boat's NMEA 0183 network and displays. In addition, you can view data locally with an IOS or Android compatible App via WiFi communication, see links below.
Apps are available for Android and IOS as follows.
• Calypso Anemotracker Marine App Android. Calculates simulated wind, true/apparent wind and is a tracker for sailing vessels.
• Calypso Anemotracker Marine App IOS. Calculates simulated wind, true/apparent wind and tracker for sailing vessels.
• WeatherFile BLE App Android (For terrestrial use). Displays live wind speed and direction, calculates and displays WMO 3 second gusting average, logs and shares data.
The sensor comes complete with 20 metres of cable and a 33cm aluminium mounting mast and is incredibly simple to install. The sensor simply screws onto the 33cm high quality aluminium mounting mast that is included, this mounting mast has a base compatible with standard VHF antenna mounts (1"-14 UNS thread), (Ø 20 drill to allow wiring). Other mast options are available, please see Calypso Sensor Mounting Masts for the full range.
For terrestrial applications, the sensor can also be connected to the WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) to create a complete end to end IoT connected wind monitoring solution, see the WeatherFile WF1 Weather Station.
• Power boats
• Extreme sports
• Temporary structures
• Remote wind monitoring stations
• Road & rail tunnels
• Environmental field sites
• Marine vessels
• Mobile weather monitoring vehicles
• Small airports & helipads
• Coastal weather monitoring stations
• Yacht clubs
• Golf courses
• Tower crane operation
• Health and safety
• Wind turbine, renewable energy
• Wind speed, wind direction & temperature
• NMEA 0183 (RS422, RS485) data output & Bluetooth BLE 4.1 communication
• Sample rate: 0.5 - 10 Hz
• Android and IOS Apps available
• Compact; diameter 70 mm, height 57 mm
• Lightweight; 135 grams
• 330mm aluminium mounting mast included
• Alterative lengths and carbon fibre masts available
• 20m cable as standard (other lengths available on request)
• Robust construction
• No moving parts
• Extremely low maintenance
• WeatherFile cloud solution ready when using the WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU)
• 24 months warranty
|Wind Speed||Range: 1 - 25 m/s|
|Wind Direction||Range: 0 - 360°|
Sample rate: 0.5 - 10 Hz
Ultrasonic transducers (4x)
Thermometer, Gyroscope, Accelerometer
(Accuracy may vary depending upon the App used, its release and the firmware version)
NMEA0183 (RS422, RS485)
Baud rate: 4800/38400 (8n1) bauds
WiFi b/g/n (AP and Infrastructure)
|Firmware||Current version: 0.65|
|Power||VCC 5V - 24V|
|IP Code||NOT allowed to be submerged fully or partially in water|
Diameter: 70 mm
Height: 57 mm
Cable: 20 metres
|Easy Mount||16 mm (M16x2) female thread|
|Calypso Ultrasonic Wired WiFi|