Developed specifically for the temporary structure and events market, a completely packaged plug and play solution with dual GSM mobile cellular and LAN ethernet cable connectivity guaranteeing data delivery during build-up, the event and breakdown. In-addition data can be viewed over the units own local WiFi network within 50m and remotely using any internet connected device.
The WeatherFile Temporary Structure Wind System has been developed in direct partnership with event organisers, temporary structure manufacturers and installers. The system is housed in a durable IP67 rated carry case for safe transportation and to withstand the harsh environment around event build up and breakdown.
RPR Ltd only use the highest quality solid-state ultrasonic anemometers to deliver wind speed and direction data. Ultrasonic wind sensors are ideal for use in harsh environments such as festivals and concerts, with no moving parts to jam, break or wear out they deliver a cost-effective reliable long-term solution.
A waterproof, dustproof and shockproof IP67 rated case protects all equipment against the elements. IP rated sockets mounted on the outside of the case deliver a simple ‘plug and play’ solution ideal for quick installation when surrounding infrastructure is still under construction.
Wind speed and direction data is collected from the sensor by the WeatherFile Communications Unit (WCU) stored locally and also transferred to our cloud solution WeatherFile.com , data can be viewed from any location with any internet connected device. Data can also be downloaded cost free without limitation into .CSV (Excel) file format.
The WeatherFile Temporary Structure Wind System has three communication methods guaranteeing access to data:
• GSM 3G/4G cellular mobile network. The system will automatically
select this method if a LAN (ethernet cable) point is not available,
for example prior to network installation during festival/event build-up.
• LAN (ethernet cable). Once a LAN network has been installed the system will automatically switch from the GSM 3G/4G cellular mobile network connection. Note if LAN (ethernet cable) connectivity is lost it will automatically switch back to the GSM 3G/4G cellular mobile network.
• Local WCU WiFi network. Within 50m data is also directly accessible from the WeatherFile Communications Units (WCU) own WiFi on a local display page via its own IP address.
The WeatherFile Temporary Structure Wind System meets the The temporary demountable structures (TDS) guidelines ensuring an anemometer is installed as soon as practicable on site, delivering wind data during the build-up, event and breakdown and enabling users to constantly monitor conditions guaranteeing they have the data to implement a wind/weather management plan. RPR Ltd are experts in monitoring wind and weather conditions are and available to offer advice on system selection, location and installation if required. call us on +44 (0) 1590 641223 or email us at email@example.com.
• Sensor (dependent on your selection)
• IP67 rated carry case, foam padded
• WindSonic Mounting Mast (anodised aluminium)
• 15m RS232 Cable (between sensor & WCU) with WindSonic Connector and IP rated Binder connector
• 5m RS232 Cable (between sensor & WCU) with WindSonic Connector and IP rated Binder connector
• WeatherFile Communications Unit (WCU)
• Connection to WeatherFile.com website
• Power Supply Unit, blue 240v 3 Pin 16 Amp
• *SIM card not included, can be added upon request
• WeatherFile Temporary Structure user Guide
• WeatherFile Communications Units (WCU) manual
• Calypso Wired sensor manual
• WindSonic WS1 sensor manual
• SIM card selection guide