The Kestrel with Bluetooth® wireless data transfer series is capable of running on various software platforms. That means now there are more ways to use Kestrel weather data to fit your needs. Storm tracking, shooting applications, HazMat plume modelling, fire behaviour models and much more!
Below is a list of Kestrel's fully integrated software partners.
The Shared Weather Intelligence System by Blueforce measures a multitude of important weather telemetry that includes wet bulb globe temperature (WBGT) using a dry bulb (DB), globe temperature (GT), and relative humidity (RH) sensor. Wind speed and wind direction provide manned and unattended real-time awareness where plume intelligence is critical to life safety.
Readings from the Kestrel device are monitored in real-time using a free software plugin running with the Blueforce Tactical for Android (BTAC) product. The system automatically transmits readings via BTAC to any and all subscribed Blueforce users providing an additional layer of life safety to those who protect our cities and nation.
Supported Devices: Windows Mobile 5.x/6.x, Windows XP/Vista/7, Android 2.2, iOS
For more information, visit https://www.blueforcedev.com/
BulletFlight L2 - ballistic computer for Android.
This is for Level-2. There is also the more advanced Level-M (Military) version of this app which adds the ability to calculate an actual BC based on bullet drop, two velocities, or flight time. The ability to calculate bullet stability. Bullet spin drift is added to the computation, and the Coriolis effect (Earth's rotation) may be factored in.
Knight's Armament BulletFlight is a military-grade ballistic computer that provides quick solutions in the field. BulletFlight does not only output information in table format but rather dynamically gives you the solution you need now to make that shot. Current weather conditions including temperature, pressure, humidity, wind speed, and wind direction can be input, as well as angles to the target as measured by the built-in accelerometer. The app then provides highly detailed solutions out to 3000 meters. Your weapon profile includes your scope MOA/mRad per click, and hence when you provide a range to the target, the app will simply show how many clicks you need to change the scope by for that range and wind speed.
Drag Racing: A 350 Mile Per Hour Math Problem -- Let us help you figure it out.
Crew Chief Pro 7.5 is the ultimate Drag Racing Software for use with sportsman and Nitro Pro racers. We will make your racing life easier than ever before. Speed, Accuracy, and knockout Graphics make using Crew Chief Pro 7.50 -- Fun! We have spared no expense on development. We invested in the best development language, hired the best and brightest consultants, and even consulted with Math Professors to find every improvement we could. We are relentless in our efforts to make our Crew Chief Software the best it could be.
Crew Chief Pro mathematically predicts performance based on changes in weather conditions, even including wind speed and wind direction for both 1/4 Mile and 1/8th Mile. We can compare and analyze runs, search, print reports and more.
We have "Finish Line Manager", which is a driver aid tool that will tell you how many feet from your opponent you should be at the 330ft, 660ft, and 1000ft timers! This will make your decision to take the stripe easier!
General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems provides the commercial off-the-shelf Automated Observation Systems (AOS). The AOS provides advanced meteorological sensor data ingest, display, and distribution to multiple customers on a worldwide basis. The system integrates data from multiple types of meteorological sensors, and presents the information in a logical format for operational users. AOS allows users to monitor real-time environmental conditions and provide critical information for both normal and extreme conditions.
• WMO-compliant METAR/SPECI/SYNOP observations
• Definable color-coded threshold values and visual/audible alerting
• Raw data archive in spreadsheet CSV format
• Graphical views allow the display of sensor data from current to up to 48 hours in the past
• 27 thermal parameters and indices computed and displayed
• Solar and lunar ephemeris data
• Formatted observation distribution: (S)FTP, RS232, Email, https(S), or Iridium SBD Dial-up; Text, XML, or KML formats
• Raw data distribution: (S)FTP, RS232, or https(S); AOS, XML, or KML formats
• Quake and NAL Iridium modem interfaces
• Supported Devices: Kestrel 4000, 4500, 4500NV
Sandy Dye (805) 497-5492 email@example.com
Scott Van Horn (805) 497-5534 firstname.lastname@example.org
KestrelCrumbs for Android transfers data from your Bluetooth enabled Kestrel device to your Android phone. Data downloaded to your phone can be viewed, transferred to PC, or shared with friends using external apps such as Twitter or gMail.
• download and organize Kestrel logged data and individual snapshots into folders (datasets)
• view and share individual samples in a dataset with external apps
• view and share statistics of a dataset (min / max / average) with external apps
• customize which measurements are displayed and shared with Filters
• export entire dataset as CSV to external storage (for transfer to PC) or via eMail attachment
• export sqlite database to external storage for manipulation via SQL using tools like sqlite3, SQLiteSpy or R.
• manually or automatically refresh data display from Kestrel (2s, 5s, 10s, 20s, 30s, 1min)
• manually or automatically save snapshots for any display refresh mode
• storage capacity limited only by available *internal* storage space
• Supported Devices: KestrelCrumbs for Android has been tested extensively on the 4500BT with firmware Iss 4.58. It is designed to work with all Bluetooth-enabled Kestrel devices including: Kestrel 4000, 4200, 4250, 4300, and 4500.
The Field Firing Solutions software (FFS Delta series) has become the standard for real-time, long range ballistic solutions and support, computed on rugged hand-held devices for field use. The Delta IV-K software interfaces with the Kestrel 4000 BT series weather meters for on demand or continuous atmospheric and wind serial data which the software uses to automatically update its firing solutions.
Blaine Fields email@example.com
Shooter is a highly accurate ballistics calculator for the Android mobile platform (v1.6 and higher). Shooter's primary goal is to provide accurate shot solutions quickly and easily when in the field. This is done by utilizing a proven-accurate and fast ballistics solver coupled with an advanced, intuitive user interface supporting features like firearm and ammunition profiles (so you never have to enter the same data twice) and options to use your device's hardware (GPS, Accelerometer, Compass) to help you input shot-data both quickly and accurately.
Sean Kennedy, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ventus 1 application for Android allows users to receive data from the Downrange Systems Ventus-RT or a Bluetooth-enabled Kestrel device. Downrange Systems has strived to create a simplified user interface that should fit most users' needs.
• Receive pertinent information on one simplified screen
• User selectable refresh rate
• User selectable data unit display (application converts units no matter the Kestrel weather meter settings)
• Wind compass on screen displays the wind flow direction (compass arrow points the direction the wind is blowing, numerical display data depicts direction the wind is coming from)
• Maintains last connected device in memory, allowing quick connection to Kestrel or Downrange Systems Ventus RT
• Supported Devices: Kestrel 4000 Series devices (must be Bluetooth capable if using without Ventus RT System) with firmware Iss 4.53 or later. Android Phone or Tablet 2.2 or later.
Ronnie Wright, email@example.com
WeatherBird version 1.0 for Android allows for real time data transfer from your Bluetooth enabled Kestrel device to your Android phone or tablet, thus negating the need of taking a computer with you in the field. You can manually request data by physically swiping the screen, or shaking the Android device (Optional) . Data can also be streamed periodically by Polling the device at a selected time interval.
Log files from your Kestrel device can be downloaded and graphed with respect to time on the Android device. Alternatively, the log files can be emailed in comma separated format (CSV) for further analysis on any computer. WeatherBird also allows for remote memory management of your Kestrel device. You can send a request to log the current data readings to the internal memory, and you can also clear the internal memory.
All of these features and more are available through a user friendly and robust graphical interface.
Current Supported Models: K4000, K4000 NV, K4100, K4200, K4250, K4300, K4500, K4500 NV
This ballistic calculator was designed to be a tool for recreational long range shooters, army snipers, police snipers, law enforcement officers, hunters and others. It helps shooters calculate hold overs and scope settings necessary for accurate long range shots. A log of fired fired shots is kept to make Data On Previous Engagements (DOPE) available for a later review. Software is designed to operate on an Android platform in portrait orientation only.
External ballistics is the part of the science of ballistics that deals with the behaviour of a non-powered projectile in flight. External ballistics deals with the behaviour of the bullet after it exits the barrel and before it hits the target, so it lies between transitional ballistics and terminal ballistics.
Current Supported Models: K4000, K4500, K4500 NV
• G1 - G7 drag calculation functions
• Full external elements used in calculations
• Spin drift and Coriolis effects calculation
• Truing - Integrated MIL dot calculator
• Separate click values for Elevation and Windage
• Integrated range estimate tool - Log Book (DOPE)
• Kestrel Bluetooth integration Works in metric or imperial units
• MILDOT USArmy, MILDOT USMC, NightForce MOA reticles