with FREE UK Standard Delivery
The Calypso Portable Anemometer is a small, light and incredibly compact solar powered ultrasonic anemometer with IPX8 rating. Self-powered via an integral solar panel the unit can operate for 29 days without charging while actively measuring. Bluetooth communication sends data to an IOS or Android compatible App.
Small, light and incredibly compact the Calypso Ultrasonic Bluetooth anemometer is solar powered, & IPX8 rated making it ideal for remote applications when a power supply is unavailable or limited. Self-powered via an integral solar panel the unit can operate for 29 days without charging while actively measuring and up to 1 year in sleep mode.
The unit communicates via Bluetooth 4.1 over a range of up to 50m (clear line of sight). Data can be viewed using an IOS or Android compatible App (see links below).
Apps are available for Android and IOS as follows.
• Calypso Anemotracker Marine App Android. Calculates simulated wind, true/apparent wind and is a tracker for sailing vessels.
• Calypso Anemotracker Marine App IOS. Calculates simulated wind, true/apparent wind and tracker for sailing vessels.
• WeatherFile BLE App Android (For terrestrial use). Displays live wind speed and direction, calculates and displays WMO 3 second gusting average, logs and shares data.
The sensor can also be connected to the WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) via the NMEA Gateway to create a complete end to end IoT connected weather station solution, see the Calypso Wireless Bluetooth & WeatherFile Station.
Incredibly simple to install the sensor simply screws onto the 33cm high quality aluminium mounting mast that is included, this mounting mast has a base compatible with standard VHF antenna mounts (1"-14 UNS thread), (Ø 20 drill to allow wiring). Other mast options are available, please see Calypso Sensor Mounting Masts for the full range.
• Power boats
• Extreme sports
• Temporary structures
• Remote wind monitoring stations
• Road & rail tunnels
• Environmental field sites
• Marine vessels
• Mobile weather monitoring vehicles
• Small airports & helipads
• Coastal weather monitoring stations
• Yacht clubs
• Golf courses
• Tower crane operation
• Health and safety
• Wind turbine, renewable energy
• Wind speed, wind direction & temperature
• Self-Powered via integrated solar panel & internal battery
• Up to 29 days whilst measuring with no sunlight
• Up to 1 year in sleep mode with no sunlight
• Bluetooth BLE 4.1 communication
• Android and IOS Apps available
• Compact; diameter 70 mm, height 57 mm
• Lightweight; 135 grams
• 330mm aluminium mounting mast included
• Alterative lengths and carbon fibre masts available
• Robust construction
• No moving parts
• Extremely low maintenance
• WeatherFile cloud solution ready when using the WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) & NMEA Gateway
• 24 months warranty
Range: 1 - 25 m/s
Resolution: ±0.1 m/s at 10m/s
Range: 0 - 360º
Sample rate: 1,4,8 Hz
Ultrasonic transducers (4x)
Thermometer, Gyroscope, Accelerometer
(Accuracy may vary depending upon the App used, its release and the firmware version)
Solar panel, internal battery, automatic power management.
Autonomy with no sunlight: in sleep mode up to 1 year, while measuring up to ~30 days.
Version: 4.0 or beyond
Range: Up to 50 m
|Firmware||Current version: 0.71|
|IP Code||IPX8 protection grade (10 meters)|
Diameter: 70 mm
Height: 57 mm
|Easy Mount||16 mm (M16x2) female thread|
Android only with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Bluetooth functionality
Android 4.3 and 4.4 or beyond