* Prices exclude 20% VAT. UK mainland free delivery. For shipping within E.U. Please see our shipping terms
Kestrel 5100 Measures
• Air Density
• Heat Stress Index
• Moisture Content (Grains)
• Relative Air Density (RAD)
• Dew Point Temperature
• Relative Humidity
• Current Wind Speed / Maximum Wind Gust / Average Wind Speed (mph, km/h, ft/min, m/s, knots and Beaufort)
• Temperature / Wind Chill (Fahrenheit and Celsius)
• Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
• Barometric Pressure (inHg and hPa (mb))
• Altitude (Feet and Meters)
• Density altitude
• Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
• Exterior temperature, humidity & pressure sensors for fast & accurate readings
The Kestrel 5100 offers a complete trackside weather station in your hand. Used widely by Go-Kart, Drag Racing, Formula 3 & 4 racers. It measures moisture content in grains, air density, relative air density, humidity and other critical factors. You can rely on it for the information you need to make perfect ET predictions and performance-maximising tuning and jetting decisions.
Current trackside conditions can be viewed over the large high-resolution screen that is clear and easy to read with built-in dual colour backlight. The screen is constructed from high-strength polycarbonate.
The Kestrel 5100 also calculates and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data.
There are two versions of Kestrel 5100
With the standard Kestrel 5100 data can be transferred using the K5000 USB Data Transfer Cable (sold separately) to a Windows/Mac device. The free of charge Kestrel LiNK App will allow you to view and hold all data as well as download into .csv format.
The Kestrel 5100 LiNK version has Bluetooth connectivity allowing you to transfer data wirelessly to an iOS (iPhone, iPad) device or Android smartphone or tablet when within range using the appropriate Kestrel LiNK App. You can also transfer data wirelessly to a Windows or Mac computer using the optional Kestrel Bluetooth USB Dongle (sold separately). Data can be viewed live on the App up to 100 feet away (line of sight).
When combined with the Kestrel Vane Mount and Kestrel Tripod the Kestrel 5100 becomes a stand-alone trackside monitoring station as the large wind vane and precision pivot keep the Kestrel oriented into the wind for continuous measurement and logging of all the key environmental parameters at the exact location required.
Mil-SPEC-810G drop tested with an IP67 waterproof rating the Kestrel 5100 is designed and constructed to withstand the harsh treatment it will receive trackside. The unit comes with a five-year warranty and certificate of conformity as standard.
Kestrel 5100 Features
• Large easily read high resolution, high contrast display with backlight
• Time & Date
• Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
• Graph & recall trends
• Min, Max & Average values
• Automatically store measurements, when powered on or off
• Manually store measurements with the press of a button
• Customizable data storage – 10,000 data points
• Data charting
• Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers
• Data upload to iOS & Android phones & tablets
• Data upload to Windows or Mac computers with optional USB Data Cable
• Data upload to Windows & Mac computers via wireless Bluetooth (LiNK Enabled Meters only with the optional Kestrel Dongle)
• Standard user-replaceable AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
• Drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards (10 drops from 4′)
• Waterproof and dustproof (sealed to IP67 standards – 30′ submersion to 3′)
• Certificate of Conformity
• Neck Lanyard
• Patented Impeller and Sensor Technology (user-replaceable)
• Impeller cover allows use of other functions whilst protecting the impeller
• Waterproof & Floats
• Languages: English, French, Spanish, German & Italian
• 5 Year Warranty
• Kestrel 5100 Racing Weather Meter: 0851RED
• Kestrel 5100 Racing Weather Meter with LiNK: 0851LRED