Product code: K5500FW£ Call for info
The all-in-one hand-held belt weather kit replacement, including every critical weather measurement, PIG and FDFM.
Measure, log, track trends and expand capabilities with free Kestrel LiNK App (LiNK model only).
• Measures wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, plus 10 other meterological paramenter.
• All measurements displayed real-time and stored in memory for monitoring trends.
• Probability of Ignition (PIG) and Fine Dead Fuel Moisture (FDFM) built-in for readings with no reference tables needed.
• Quick and consistently accurate measurements reduce the risk of human error possible with manual weather kits.
• Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for nighttime use.
• Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers for in-depth analysis, export and easy communication to FBANs and other crews.
• Kestrel Rotating Vane Mount included with LiNK enabled units to make the world's most portable weather station.
• Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats.
• Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
• 5-year warranty.
The fast and easy tool for taking weather observations, the Kestrel 5500FW Fire Weather Meter Pro provides NIST-traceable accuracy, reliability and usability when it matters most. Measure every environmental condition plus PIG and FDFM and view trends with on-screen data graphing. Drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand extreme environments without damage, your Kestrel Fire Weather meter can stand up to the abuses of work on a fire line wherever you're assigned. A variety of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel Fire Weather meter with you.
The Kestrel 5500FW Fire Weather Meter Pro offers a large, high-resolution and contrast display and highly readable numerals. The Kestrel 5500FW also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens and single AA battery operation. In addition to measuring the current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5500F tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data, providing a complete history of conditions on the fire from the moment you arrive. With optional LiNK wireless connectivity, your data log can be transferred to a Kestrel LiNK app (available on Android) for easy export and email to an FBAN or meteorologist. LiNK enabled units come with Kestrel Vane Mount, creating a wireless pop up weather station for accurate readings and tracking trends.
Data can be downloaded to a PC with either the accessory Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (Both sold separately).