WeatherFile 4G GSM Cellular Remote System
The WeatherFile 3G/4G GSM Cellular remote system offers the perfect solution for live wind and weather monitoring from isolated locations.
The WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) receives data from the sensor positioned on a tripod, satellite dish base or stayed mast and transfers it via a secure independent GSM cellular mobile connection to the internet where it can be viewed using the WeatherFile.com website. In addition, the WeatherFile Communication Units (WCU) own local WiFi network allows data to be viewed over your connected device within 50m. The system is powered (12Vdc) via battery* and solar panel*
WeatherFile Remote System Station Description
The WeatherFile 3G/4G GSM Cellular Remote System is a self-powered solution using 12Vdc battery power and solar panel (note battery and solar panel specifications vary with geographic location and sensor choice, contact our technical team to confirm exact specification required).
A wide range of the highest quality meteorological sensors are available to use with the system, combined with multiple mounting options including tripod, stayed mast, satellite dish base and bespoke options depending on client requirement.
Data is transferred over the 3G/4G GSM mobile cellular network to the WeatherFile.com cloud solution via the WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU).
The WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) is the heart of the system, the means of connecting the weather sensor over the GSM cellular network to WeatherFile.com. Data is viewable on WeatherFile.com and is also directly accessible within 50m of the WCU using its own WiFi on a local display page.
The WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) is housed in a tough, weatherproof (IP67) enclosure with high quality Binder plug connectors, one cable connects the sensor to the WCU and the system is powered via a 12Vdc battery and solar panel making it ideal for remote weather monitoring applications.
In addition, the WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) has a host of features to ensure the system operates consistently at the highest level:
• Data logged even if internet connection lost, data will catch up once connection restored
• Power control system manages individual system elements
• Data delivery to WeatherFile can be scheduled to reduce power consumption, vitally important for remote monitoring when managing power consumption is critical
• Optional data privacy via SSL secure login to a private area on WeatherFile.com
Please contact our technical team to help specify sensor selection, battery and solar power requirement on +44 (0) 1590 641223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Systems are also available for short term rental hire or long-term lease, terms vary depending on system specification and rental/lease period, please contact us for more information.
• Sensor (dependent on your selection)
• WindSonic Mounting Mast (anodised aluminium, 1.5metres long)
• 20m RS232 Cable (between sensor & WCU) including WindSonic Connector and Binder WCU connector
• WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) with SIM card & 3 year contract
• Connection to WeatherFile website
• Power Supply Unit
• 3m USB lead with Binder connector for WCU
• Battery and Solar Panel not included, POA
• Self-powered meteorological monitoring station
• 12Vdc battery power, specification dependant on sensor choice and geographic region
• Solar panel, specification dependant on sensor choice and geographic region
• Various mounting solutions to meet individual location requirements, for example, tripod, satellite dish base and stayed mast. Installation advice available from our technical team
• A full suite of weather parameters can be measured including wind speed, wind direction, apparent and true wind, WMO wind average and gust, air temperature, air pressure, relative humidity, absolute humidity, barometric pressure, dew point and precipitation
• Optional compass and GPS positioning
• Secure standalone GSM mobile connection (3G/4G), SIM card contract included
• 24/7 fully managed public internet accessible view of live data from your location wherever you are via WeatherFile.com
• User defined data averaging and broadcast rate
• Data can be downloaded for detailed analysis and graphing
• Email alert functionality when user defined wind speed limits have been exceeded
• Maintenance-free, super-accurate sensors resulting in a cost-effective long-term solution
• Lightning protection can be added, please contact us for a quotation
• 2 year warranty as standard
|Sensor||Refer to manual on documents tab, varies with selection|
|WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU)||See WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) web page »|
|Mounting Mast for Gill Sensors||Anodised aluminium alloy, depth of 15 microns|
|RS232 Cable||Diameter: 4.8mm
Weight: 0.45 kg approx
Construction: 5 core, tinned copper conductor 24(7) AWG, 0.22mm2, PVC insulation, Cores laid up, overall aluminium/polyester foil screen, tinned copper drain wire (24AWG), PVC sheath.
|Power Supply||Solar panel & regulator; specification dependant on sensor choice and geographic location
12Vdc battery power; specification dependant on sensor choice and geographic region
|WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU)|
|Wind System Mast Mounts|