WindSonic WS1/2/3 & Maximet GMX Configuration Cable (USB)Starts at
For easy configuration of the Gill WindSonic and Gill GMX (MaxiMet) range of sensors. This configuration cable enables communication from sensor direct to a USB 2.0 port on a PC. The cable provides a 5V power supply necessary for configuration purposes.
WindSonic & MaxiMet USB Configuration Cable Description
The Gill USB configuration cable allows connection between the sensor and a USB 2.0 port of a PC or laptop. The cable provides the 5V power supply necessary for configuration purposes. The cable cannot be used for permanently running the sensor as a higher voltage would be required.
This cable requires a USB driver, which is used to make the FT232R chip in the cable appear as a virtual COM port (VCP) on a PC or laptop. The driver is freely available at ftdichip.com.
The detailed instructions on configuring a Gill WindSonic WS1, WS2, WS3 or Gill GMX MaxiMet sensor can be found in the relevant sensor manual, see the documents tab.
Gill WindSonic WS1 USB Config Cable, Gill WindSonic WS2/3 and Maximet GMX USB Cable
• Enables easy configuration of Gill WindSonic & MaxiMet sensors
• Connection to PC USB 2.0 port
• 5V power supply to sensor
• Two cable options, 1 for Gill WindSonic 1 sensors and 1 for Gill WindSonic WS2, WS3 & Gill GMX MaxiMet sensors
• Cable lengths: 1.8m
• Includes WindSonic connector
• USB 2.0 connector
• 5V power supply to sensor via USB 2.O connection
• Cable length: 1.8 m
• Gill WindSonic Connector