* Prices exclude 20% VAT. UK mainland free delivery. For shipping within E.U. Please see our shipping terms
Kestrel 5700 Elite Description
The Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter comes complete with the extensive Applied Ballistics Elite software solution along with the Litz custom drag models for over 400 bullets. This combined with Kestrel’s highly accurate wind speed, direction and air density measurements delivers unsurpassed elevation and windage solutions for long range shot accuracy.
The free to market Kestrel LiNK Ballistics App allows you to build and manage your gun/bullet profiles and download them to your Kestrel 5700 Elite so you are fully prepared prior to shooting. Choose from the extensive Litz library of custom bullet drag models for the most precise transonic and subsonic range solutions available anywhere.
Combine the Kestrel 5700 Elite with the Kestrel Vane Mount and Kestrel Mini Tripod and you have a stand-alone ballistics monitoring solution you can position at the firing range. Use the App to quickly adjust the target range and view the shooting solution and wind rose without leaving your shooting position. The LiNK Ballistics app even lets you set up multiple targets for single screen viewing. A professional meteorological and ballistics solution while you shoot.
Mil-SPEC-810G drop tested with an IP67 waterproof rating the Kestrel 5700 Elite is designed and constructed to withstand the harsh treatment it will receive at the firing range or within military applications. The unit comes with a five-year warranty and certificate of conformity as standard.
There are two versions of Kestrel 5700 Elite:
- With the standard Kestrel 5700 Elite data can be transferred using the K5000 USB Data Transfer Cable (sold separately) to a Windows/Mac device. The free of charge Kestrel LiNK Ballistics App will allow you to view and hold all data
- The Kestrel 5500FW LiNK version has Bluetooth connectivity allowing you to transfer data wirelessly to an iOS (iPhone, iPad) device or Android smartphone or tablet when within range using the appropriate Kestrel LiNK Ballistics App. You can also transfer data wirelessly to a Windows or Mac computer using the optional Kestrel Bluetooth USB Dongle (sold separately). Data can be viewed live on the App up to 100 feet away (line of sight)
- LiNK enabled units can also be wirelessly paired with LiNK compatible laser rangefinders, such as the Bushnell Elite 1 Mile CONX, to seamlessly integrate target data into the ballistic solution for unparalleled speed and accuracy.
What are custom drag profiles and how do they compare to G1 & G7?
Applied Ballistics has been providing custom drag models for use in trajectory prediction for many years. Custom Drag Models (CDM’s) for bullets are a more refined way of modelling drag for bullets, it uses the actual measured drag of a specific bullet in a ballistics solver resulting in more accurate trajectory predictions especially when transonic.
Applied Ballistics ongoing research and testing has re-defined the art of modelling the aerodynamic drag of bullets, reducing uncertainty and continually improving accuracy. Custom Drag Models (CDM’s) for over 500 bullets are available from the Applied Ballistics library.
Kestrel 5700X Elite Features
• Employs the Applied Ballistics bullet library of custom drag models, an exact measurement of your bullet’s drag profile plus corrections for Aerodynamic Jump, Spin Drift, Coriolis, and Drop Scale Factoring to achieve accurate extended long-range shots. • Expanded features include a customizable Target Card and an expanded Ballistics Data Table, as well as storage for up to 30 gun and bullet profiles and 10 saved targets. • Backlight – Switchable White/Red • Ballistics Calculator – Applied Ballistics® • Battery Life Indicator • Data Log Graph View • Data Logging – Adjustable Interval • Date & Time • Digital Compass • Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810GHigh Contrast, Sunlight Readable Monochrome LCD Display • Integrated Flip Open Impeller Cover • Intuitive Tactile Up/Down/Enter Keypad • LiNK Wireless Communication – Adjustable Bluetooth strength from full power to off • Multilingual Menus (English, French, Spanish, German) • Minimum/Maximum/Average Reading • Pressure Sensor • Relative Humidity Sensor • Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated) • Waterproof to IP67 (3’/1M for 30 minutes) • Aerodynamic Jump Correction • Applied Ballistics Custom Drag Models* • Connect with LiNK Compatible Range Finders • Coriolis Correction • Create and store 10 Targets • Create and store up to 30 Gun/Bullet Profiles • G1/G7 Drag Models • Muzzle Velocity Calibration • MV-Temp Table • Range Card • Spin Drift Correction • Supports Mil, MOA, Clicks • Subsonic Range Drop Scale Factor Calibration • Standard and Night Vision Preserving Backlight • Target Range Estimator • Zero Offset