Terms & Conditions
1. Terms and Conditions of Sale
2. Shipping and Handling
3. Delivery Time & Cost
• Back Orders
4. Reaching Us
5. Returns Period
6. WEEE Statement
7. Competition Rules
8. COVID-19 Statement
Welcome to Richard Paul Russell Ltd. Richard Paul Russell ltd is a privately owned limited company. We provide access to the www.r-p-r.co.uk website (the ‘website’) and sell our products to you subject to the conditions set out on this page.
Please read these conditions carefully before using the website as by using the website, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions. You might also like to print a copy so that you can remind yourself what you agreed to.
1. Your Account
When you use the website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and for restricting access to your computer to prevent unauthorised access to your account. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account.
Please ensure that the details you provide us with are correct and complete and let us know immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering.
Richard Paul Russell Ltd reserves the right to refuse access to the website, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at our discretion. If we cancel an order, it will be without charge to you.
3. Access to r-p-r.co.uk
We will try to make the website error-free. However, due to the nature of the internet, this cannot be guaranteed. Also, your access to the website may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will try to keep this to a minimum.
4. Licence for Website Access
Richard Paul Russell Ltd grants you a limited licence to access and make personal use of this website, but not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent from Richard Paul Russell Ltd. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this website or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this website or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent.
You may not frame or use framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Richard Paul Russell Ltd without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other ‘hidden text’ utilizing Richard Paul Russell Ltd’s’ or its affiliates’ names or trademarks without the express written consent of Richard Paul Russell Ltd. Any unauthorised use terminates the permission or license granted by Richard Paul Russell Ltd.
You are granted a limited, revocable, and non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page at r-p-r.co.uk as long as the link does not portray Richard Paul Russell Ltd, its affiliates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any Richard Paul Russell Ltd logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark (including those of Richard Paul Russell Ltd’s exclusive brands) as part of the link without our express written consent.
5. Your Conduct
You must not use the website in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the website or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way.
You must not use the website for any of the following:
• for fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity
• to send, use or reuse any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing; or in breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or objectionable; or which consists of, or contains, software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any ‘spam’.
• to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
6. Copyright & Database Rights
All content included on the website, such as photographs, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images and software, is the property of Richard Paul Russell Ltd, its affiliates or its content suppliers and is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright and database right laws. The compilation of all content on this website is the exclusive property of Richard Paul Russell Ltd and its affiliates and is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright and database right laws. All software used on this website is the property of Richard Paul Russell Ltd or our software suppliers and is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright laws.
You may not systematically extract and/or re-utilize parts of the contents of the website without Richard Paul Russell Ltd’s express written consent. In particular, you may not utilize any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (either once or a number of times) for re-utilization any substantial parts of this website, without Richard Paul Russell Ltd’s express written consent. You also may not create and/or publish your own database that features substantial parts of this website (e.g. our prices and product listings) without Richard Paul Russell Ltd’s express written consent.
7. Copyright Claims
Richard Paul Russell Ltd wants to respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us.
Richard Paul Russell Ltd and other marks indicated on our website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Richard Paul Russell Ltd in the European Union, USA, Canada, Australia, China, Japan, Korea, Norway, Russia, Turkey, Singapore and/or other jurisdictions. Some of Richard Paul Russell Ltd’s exclusive brands like Kestrel Weather Meters are also protected by trademark registrations in some countries.
Richard Paul Russell Ltd’s graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names are the trademarks or trade dress of Richard Paul Russell Ltd. Richard Paul Russell Ltd trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Richard Paul Russell Ltd’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Richard Paul Russell Ltd.
All other trademarks not owned by Richard Paul Russell Ltd that appear on this website are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Richard Paul Russell Ltd.
9. Our Contract
When you place an order to purchase a product from Richard Paul Russell Ltd, we will send you an email confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order. That email will also confirm the cost of delivery which will be added to the purchase price. You can find out more about how we calculate the cost of delivery by clicking here.
Your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product which is accepted by us when we despatch that product to you and is confirmed by an email we send to you confirming that we have despatched the goods (the ‘Despatch Confirmation E-mail’). That acceptance will be complete at the time we send the Despatch Confirmation Email to you. Any products on the same order which we have not confirmed in a Despatch Confirmation Email to have been despatched do not form part of that contract. You are seeking to enter into a contract with Richard Paul Russell Ltd, when you place an order.
Please review our Returns policy, which applies to products purchased from us. In some countries you may have a statutory right to return goods during an initial cooling off period as an alternative to our returns policy. If you would like to exercise any statutory right of return please let us know.
11. Pricing & Availability
We list availability information for products sold by us on the website, including on each product information page. Beyond what we say on that page or otherwise on the website, we cannot be more specific about availability. Please note that dispatch estimates are just that. They are not guaranteed dispatch times and should not be relied upon as such. As we process your order, we will inform you by email if any products you order turn out to be unavailable.
Despite our best efforts, a small number of the thousands of products in our catalogue are mispriced. If a product’s correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower amount and send you the product. If a product’s correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatch or cancel your order and notify you of that cancellation.
When ordering goods from Richard Paul Russell Ltd for delivery overseas the recipient may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches the specified destination. Any additional charges must be borne by the recipient, we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact the local customs office for further information. Additionally, please note that when ordering from Richard Paul Russell Ltd, the recipient is considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which the goods are received. We would like our international customers and customers dispatching products internationally to be aware that cross-border deliveries are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
r-p-r.co.uk does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use r-p-r.co.uk only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
14. Electronic Communications
When you visit r-p-r.co.uk or send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. We communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the website. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us electronically and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that those communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
15. Alteration of Service or Amendments to the Conditions
We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and these Terms & Conditions at any time. You will be subject to the Terms & Conditions in force at the time that you use the website or that you order goods from us, unless any change to those policies or these conditions is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of these conditions is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
16. Events Beyond Our Reasonable Control
We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms & Conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
If you breach these conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
18. Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Your statutory rights are not affected by these terms and conditions.
19. Our Details
r-p-r.co.uk is a trading website of Richard Paul Russell Ltd, a limited company registered in England & Wales with registration number 2746689.
You can contact us by clicking here.
Or you can contact us by post through our offices in Milford on Sea:
Richard Paul Russell Ltd
The Lodge, Unit 1 Barnes Farm Business Park, Barnes Lane
Milford on Sea, Hampshire. SO41 0AP. United Kingdom
VAT Reg. No. GB 580 2603 58
• Your order will be shipped as soon as possible, subject to payment authorisation & stock availability. This is usually by the next working day after order placement.
• You’ll only be charged once per order for delivery if we need split your order. However please note that if you request the order split, you will need to pay for postage on each shipment.
• We’ll do everything we can to make sure your order arrives on time, but please allow for any adverse conditions which might affect deliveries from the UK to your area, including (but not limited to) extreme weather or disruption to postal services / airlines.
• We cannot accept responsibility for any parcels where special delivery instructions are included in the delivery address.
Where’s My Order?
• Has my order been shipped yet?
• How can I track my parcel once shipped?
• I’ve allowed the full delivery time but still don’t have my order
Has my order been shipped yet?
Once an order’s been shipped it will show as ‘completed’, and you’ll also get an email to let you know it’s been transacted.
Please then allow the appropriate delivery time. If we sent your shipping confirmation email before 12noon (GMT/BST) Mon-Fri, then the goods will leave our warehouse the same day. If the email was sent after this time (or at any time on a UK public holiday), your goods will be collected by the carrier on our next working day.
How can I track my parcel once shipped?
• Standard delivery orders
• Express delivery orders
Standard Delivery Orders
Your order will be delivered by either Parcel Force (It won’t have a tracking number) or FedEx in the UK or by TNT or your local postal service (It won’t have a tracking number) outside the UK.
Please allow the appropriate delivery time
Standard delivery parcels don’t need a signature, but if they can’t fit through your letterbox a card should be left to let you know delivery was attempted, together with details of where you can collect it from / how to rearrange delivery.
Express Delivery Orders
Your order will have a tracking number once it’s on its way. It will be delivered by either Royal Mail (UK) FedEx (UK) or TNT (outside the UK).
Orders need to be placed before 12noon (GMT/BST) Mon-Fri for next working day delivery. Parcel Force tracking refs look like this: AA111111111AA
Express delivery orders will need a signature, so if no-one is available to sign for the parcel it will be returned to your local Parcel Force delivery office, and a card left detailing where you can collect it from / how to rearrange delivery.
Your order will have a tracking number once it’s on its way.
Deliveries will need a signature, so if no-one is available to sign for the parcel it will be returned to the local depot, and a card left telling you what to do next.
We process your order right away. Normally it takes 2 business days to leave our warehouse.
All ‘next working’ day orders should be placed before midday to ensure this service is available.
|Service||Cost||Delivery Time||Further Info|
|FOC||3-5 working days from despatch||All orders|
|£12.50||Next Day delivery if ordered before 12pm||Signature Required|
|POA||Next Day before 9 am||Signature Required|
|£24.00||Saturday Delivery before 1pm (up to 1kg)||Signature Required|
|POA||Saturday Delivery||Signature Required|
International / Non-UK
|Service||Cost||Delivery Time||Further Info|
|Air Mail||Calculated by Region / Weight||3-5 working days from despatch (under 2kg)||Tracked and Signed|
|Standard Courier||Calculated by Region / Weight||1-2 working days from despatch||Signature Required|
|Express Courier||Calculated by Region / Weight||3-5 working days from despatch||Signature Required|
* All customs, duty & taxes are responsibility of the customer
If your item is not in stock, we will back order for you. You will always be emailed with the option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
All of our products come with at least a one year guarantee.
The guarantee does not apply to:
a) batteries, whether contained in a unit or sold individually;
b) units that have been subjected to misuse, negligence, accident or improper maintenance or application;
c) humidity sensors damaged by contact with salt water;
d) units which have been repaired or altered without our prior consent.
If a unit is deemed to be defective it should be returned to Richard Paul Russell Limited. The guarantee does not affect the buyers’ statutory rights. If for any reason you have a complaint we will endeavour to respond within five working days of receiving the complaint.
Goods delivered to United Kingdom or Isle of Man.
VAT will be applied to your order at the rate of 20%.
European Union – EU Customers Ordering from 1st January 2021
You may be liable for import duty/tax on goods entering your country. The amount of duty (if any) depends on the type of goods you buy and their value; some items can be imported without paying any duty at all. Unfortunately, we can’t predict what the charges might be as they are levied by the destination country.
• We are legally obliged to declare the full value of the goods on all packages shipping outside the EU. After Brexit (31st December 2020), all parcels, including to EU destinations will have either:
• For orders under £270 GBP Ex VAT, a CN22 sticker declaring price paid (excluding shipping) and content, the goods may be liable for additional levies.
• For orders over £270 GBP Ex VAT a full Commercial Invoice will be sent with the goods declaring price paid (excluding shipping) and content, the goods may be liable for additional levies.
• Any additional taxes, duty or administration charges for customs clearance are the responsibility of the addressee. As they are imposed by the customs authorities in the destination country, we are unable to take responsibility for them.
• If delivery can’t be completed due to unpaid import duties, when the parcel comes back to us a £25 fee may be deducted from your refund to cover the return charges and fees that we are billed by the carrier.
Rest of World
No VAT will be applied to the order.
If you need to reach us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively, you can call on +44 (0) 1590 641223 or write to us at
Richard Paul Russell Ltd
The Lodge, Unit 1 Barnes Farm Business Park, Barnes Lane
Milford on Sea, Hampshire. SO41 0AP. United Kingdom
Our office hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays.
If telephoning us standard call charge rates apply.
We endeavour to respond to complaints within five working days.
If you’re not completely happy with an item, just return it to us in the same condition you received it for an exchange or refund*, within our returns period(s) shown below.
Returning goods on which duties have been paid
Please clearly mark your return parcel as ‘Returned Goods’. If this isn’t done and Richard Paul Russell Ltd incur any incoming customs charges as a result, then unfortunately these charges will need to be passed on to you. If you’ve paid import duty for items bought which you then return to us, it should be possible for you to claim a refund of duties from your local customs authority. To do this, you’ll need to show them proof of duty paid and proof of re-export (e.g. your certificate of return posting) when claiming your refund.
For any questions about duty payable or refundable, please contact your local customs authority directly.
Order Shipped to UK
Your return needs to reach us within 21 days of our despatch date
Order Shipped Outside the UK
Your return needs to reach us within 34 days of our despatch date
Returns received outside these periods may not be accepted, or may only be accepted back for an exchange of good to the same or greater value, so please also allow enough time for your goods to get back to us – in the UK, 4 working days via Parcel Force is usually sufficient, or from outside the UK 10 working days via standard mail.
We’ll always make allowances for disruption to postal services and airlines which might affect your return getting back to us, but if you think your return may be late for any other reason, please contact us as soon as possible.
• Items that can’t be returned *
• Services that can’t be refunded **
• Your right to cancel under the UK’s Distance Selling regulations is unaffected
* Items That Can’t Be Returned
Most items can be returned, with the following exceptions:
• SpaceLoggers can’t be returned once used
• RH Calibration Kit can’t be returned once opened
• Certain products are excluded from our returns policy. If this applies it’ll be clearly stated on the product page before you purchase
Your statutory rights are unaffected.
** Services That Can’t Be Refunded
If goods are returned:
• Calibration Certificates. Any calibration certificates ordered will not be refunded.
• Shipping charges won’t be refunded unless the goods were faulty. However, if you’ve asked for replacement items you won’t be charged again for shipping. Unless you request otherwise, replacement items will always be sent via standard mail, whichever shipping method was on your original order. Replacements can be sent via express delivery if you ask for this on your return form, and the difference in cost between the two services will be charged to your card.
UK Distance Selling Regulations – How to Cancel
• Under the UK’s Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of any item apart from items made to your specification, clearly bespoke items, or items which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. This right may be exercised at any point from the time of ordering up to and including the 7th working day after delivery.
• To cancel this contract, you need to let us know (you can email us). Please state the order number and give your clear instructions to cancel the order.
• If we’ve already shipped your order, you’ll need to package all the items and send them back to us at your cost. Click here for the relevant returns address. If you don’t return the items, we may arrange to collect them from you at your cost.
• We will refund you for the items and any original delivery charge upon receipt of the returned order, and in any case within 30 days after we receive your notification to cancel.
If anything you order from us fails prematurely due to either defective workmanship or materials, we will provide you with an appropriate remedy, which may be replacement, or full or partial refund.
If you feel that an item you’ve received is faulty, please call us for assistance.
You Can Now Recycle Your Old Electricals With Us
If you’re buying a new electrical item, we will recycle your old one for free.
Unwanted electrical equipment is the UKs fastest growing type of waste.
Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle, electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination – harming wildlife and also human health.
We Can Help
We are pleased to offer our customers the chance to recycle their old electrical items when purchasing a new item from us. If you wish Richard Paul Russell to recycle your replaced electrical item then please advise us at the time of placing your order for your new item. We will then provide instructions as to how your item should be recycled, which will depend on size and weight.
Please remember that in the UK used electrical equipment can also be recycled at your Local Authority designated WEEE recycling site. Using local recycling facilities has the lowest carbon footprint and hence is the most environmentally efficient method of recycling.
We are registered in the UK with the Environment Agency as a small portable battery producer. Portable batteries should be recycled in the UK via your local household waste recycling centre or at the in-store recycling facilities found at supermarkets, DIY stores or other medium/large stores.
To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with a crossed‐out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with the crossed out wheeled bin symbol) in your bin.
What is WEEE?
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items. In the UK, distributors (including retailers) must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. Those establishing their own take‐back scheme must as a minimum offer all customers buying new electrical equipment free take back of their old electricals on a like‐for‐like basis.
If you wish to enter a competition from Richard Paul Russell, the rules are as follows;
• Entry is open to all except employees (and their families) of Richard Paul Russell Ltd, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
• The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
• Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
• Entries that are incomplete, illegible, indecipherable, or inaudible (if made by phone) will not be valid and deemed void.
• All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
• Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
• No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit.
• The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
• The winner(s) is (are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
• Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
• Richard Paul Russell Ltd reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
• In the event of a prize being unavailable, Richard Paul Russell Ltd reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
• The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Richard Paul Russell Ltd relating to any post-winning publicity.
• Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material.
• Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, Richard Paul Russell Ltd reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged Richard Paul Russell Ltd reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
• Confirmation of the prize will be made in writing to the winner(s).
• Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
• Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
• Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
• The provider of the prize is specified within the promotional material.
• In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.
At present, in line with the governments guidelines we are remaining open. We would ask only those who are in good health or not in the ‘high risk category’ to visit any of our facilities.
As well as our normal cleaning procedures we have taken extra measures in order to try and prevent any contamination or spread on COVID-19.
We have also increased the frequency of our cleaning regime at all our facilities.
Below are the links to the government guidelines regarding COVID-19.
Public Health England (PHE) recommends that the following general cold and flu precautions are taken to help prevent people from catching and spreading COVID-19:
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze. See Catch it, Bin it, Kill it
• Put used tissues in the bin straight away
• Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available. See hand washing guidance
• Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
• Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Please keep an eye on our website and social media channels for updates as the situation evolves.
At present our production facility and online shop are business as usual, subject to product availability and delivery. So please feel free to place orders and shop online!
Link below on the guidance on social distancing for everyone in the UK