Your privacy and security is important to us. This statement sets out Richard Paul Russell Ltd.'s data protection policy for the information that you provide to us when using our website (the "website").
The website may contain links to third parties' websites. Richard Paul Russell Ltd. assumes no responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of those websites. Therefore, please read carefully any privacy policies on those websites before either agreeing to their terms or using those websites.
You may opt out at any time even if you have previously given your consent, although it will take a short while for the changes in your preferences to become effective. If you are not clear how to opt out please contact us.
You can request to see your details, and correct, update or remove them at any time to suit you as per the guidelines set out in the GDPR. You should identify any inaccuracies in any other information we hold about you. Where possible, if Richard Paul Russell Ltd. is informed of the inaccuracy of any PI, we will make appropriate corrections. You can ask to see, update or amend any information we hold on you by contacting us.
If you have any concerns, please email Richard Paul Russell Ltd. Customer Service or call us between 9am and 5pm. If your dispute is not addressed to your satisfaction, please contact us.
We may collect:
• contact information, such as name, address and telephone number
• information related to registered Kestrel products (under warranty)
• online contact information, such as your email address
• IP address
Richard Paul Russell Ltd obtains information from you in two ways:
• by you typing your personal details in
• by the automatic collection of information about you as you use the website
If you wish to place an order we will ask you to key in your contact information as you proceed through the stages of making a purchase, in order to process and deliver your order. For financial transactions, we use Roman Cart which is a gateway for purchasing. We do not store any financial transaction data at Richard Paul Russell Ltd. If you request a catalogue, data sheet or other product information, we will ask you to enter your name and delivery details or if you wish to receive email alerts, we will ask you to provide your email address.
You can find out more about this type of technology through your internet browser. For example:
• If you use Internet Explorer click 'Help' on the toolbar then search on 'Cookies' in the box which appears
• If you use Safari click 'Safari' then 'Preferences' then 'Security'. You can then click 'Help' to learn more about cookies and the options your browser gives you.
• If you use Mozilla Firefox you can find out more at https://support.mozilla.com
The system may also use web beacons which are similar but not identical to cookies in the way they operate. You can find out more about web beacons on Wikipedia.
If you are only browsing our website and have not logged in, we will not ask you to key in any PI, but certain information - including computer and connection information, browser type and version, operating system and platform details, the time of accessing the website - is automatically collected about you. The same information will be collected every time you access our website for purposes of completion and support of the activity you are carrying out, anonymous user analysis and research and development.
Every time your web browser accesses our website, we automatically receive and store certain information about you, by placing a cookie on your computer.
Two types of cookies are used on our website:
(which remain in the cookie file of your browser only so long as you are accessing the website) are used:
• to allow you to carry information from one page of our website to another without having to re-enter information,
• to allow you to maintain a shopping basket during each visit that you make to the site, and
• within registration or login mode, to allow you to access stored information.
(which remain in the cookie file of your browser for a longer period and store some basic information) help us to identify if you have visited our website previously using the same computer, and if so enable our website to remember the personal information you provided, keep track of the number of visits that you make to our website, where you browse and what you have purchased, and offer you tailored content, even though you may not have logged on.
Similarly, if you have ever provided us with an email address, we will be able to associate this email address back to your previous browsing and purchase experiences, whether you are logged on or not. We will know whether you have ever requested a catalogue or receive email alerts and will be able to associate this with any other contact information you may have given us.
The principal purposes for which we collect and store your PI are to process your orders and deliver products, respond to your enquiries and generally maintain the account you hold with us.
We may use an IP address to identify you and to gather broad demographic information about you, to help identify problems with our server and to administer our website.
Richard Paul Russell Ltd. will not sell your PI to third parties.
Richard Paul Russell Ltd. collates statistics about site traffic, sales and other commercial information, which we pass on to third parties to assist us in improving the services we provide to you. We also use demographic information to tailor the website to the interests of our customers, which we share with third parties, again on an aggregate basis only so that they can build up a better picture of our customer base and general consumer trends.
Richard Paul Russell Ltd. may disclose your PI if necessary to comply with regulations or law or to assist with law enforcement, to enforce the terms under which you trade with Richard Paul Russell Ltd., or to protect our property and other rights.
As part of our policy to protect against the fraudulent use of credit cards, our payment processing company may carry out security checks on orders. These can take various forms, and may involve contacting you by telephone before your order is processed.
Occasionally our site is blocked by a firewall. If you are using a personal firewall stopping and restarting the firewall may fix the problem. If it is a corporate firewall you may wish to contact your organisation's IT department.
Through an ethical trading philosophy and our environmental policy statement, we are striving to ensure that what we buy, use and dispose of and what we do as a business helps, albeit in a small way, to build a fairer, more ethical, socially just and environmentally sustainable world.
Richard Paul Russell Ltd will aim to trade ethically. To implement this policy, we will:
• not take advantage of lower employment or manufacturing costs in developing countries;
• not trade with those countries which our directors believe are violators of human rights.
• refuse to work with any client or prospective client which we have reason to consider exploits humans, animals or the environment unfairly.
Richard Paul Russell Ltd. recognises that our ethical and social performance and reputation is a key part of our overall commercial success.
Richard Paul Russell Ltd. is committed to ensuring that our employment practices and the enforcement of corporate regulations ensure the protection of the rights of all those who work for us. In many areas we aim to operate above the minimum standards required by law to ensure our employees are safe, rewarded and valued. As we of course expand and become larger we will be able to offer more opportunities for our staff.
Richard Paul Russell Ltd. is committed to demonstrating its ethical and social responsibility credentials to enable customers to make informed choices about whose services they purchase.
Richard Paul Russell Ltd. is committed to monitoring social standards in our supply chain, and we encourage our suppliers to operate to the same ethical standards we employ ourselves.
This Code of Practice applies to:
• staff directly employed by Richard Paul Russell Ltd. on temporary or permanent contracts.
• staff employed or provided by contractors or employment agencies to work on Richard Paul Russell Ltd.'s premises or to undertake work for or on behalf of Richard Paul Russell Ltd.
• no forced, bonded or involuntary labour shall be used.
• all employment with Richard Paul Russell Ltd. is freely chosen.
• staff are not required to lodge deposits or identity papers with us.
• staff are free to leave Richard Paul Russell Ltd. after reasonable notice.
• no child labour shall be used.
• there shall be no recruitment of child labour.
• children or persons under 16 are not employed at any time.
• children or persons under 18 are not employed full-time.
• working conditions are safe and hygienic.
• Richard Paul Russell Ltd. takes adequate measures to prevent accidents and minimise potential hazards.
• staff receive regular health & safety training.
• staff have unrestricted access to toilet facilities and drinking water.
• Richard Paul Russell Ltd. has a published Health & Safety Policy.
• working hours and remuneration are reasonable and comparable to other companies in our sector and regular employment is provided.
• staff pay rates are above the national legal minimum standards.
• staff are given written terms and conditions of employment that details the employment relationship between and the respective obligations of the employee and employer, rates of pay, working hours, grievance and disciplinary procedures, holiday entitlement, absence and sick pay rules and notice periods for termination of employment.
• no deductions are made from wages as a disciplinary measure, and pay slips detailing lawful deductions are provided for each pay period.
• labour only contracting, sub-contracting and fixed term contracts are not used as a means to avoid obligations under labour or social security laws.