We have migrated the shop. Click here to begin shopping. x
IN STOCK with FREE UK Standard Delivery
For easy configuration of the Gill WindSonic and Gill GMX (MaxiMet) range of sensors. This configuration cable enables communication from sensor direct to a USB 2.0 port on a PC. The cable provides a 5V power supply necessary for configuration purposes.
The Gill USB configuration cable allows connection between the sensor and a USB 2.0 port of a PC or laptop. The cable provides the 5V power supply necessary for configuration purposes. The cable cannot be used for permanently running the sensor as a higher voltage would be required.
This cable requires a USB driver, which is used to make the FT232R chip in the cable appear as a virtual COM port (VCP) on a PC or laptop. The driver is freely available at ftdichip.com.
The detailed instructions on configuring a Gill WindSonic WS1, WS2, WS3 or Gill GMX MaxiMet sensor can be found in the relevant sensor manual, see the documents tab.
• Enables easy configuration of Gill WindSonic & MaxiMet sensors
• Connection to PC USB 2.0 port
• 5V power supply to sensor
• Two cable options, 1 for Gill WindSonic 1 sensors and 1 for Gill WindSonic WS2, WS3 & Gill GMX MaxiMet sensors
• Cable lengths: 1.8m
• Includes WindSonic connector
• USB 2.0 connector
• 5V power supply to sensor via USB 2.O connection
• Cable length: 1.8 m
• Gill WindSonic Connector