with FREE UK Standard Delivery£ POA
The FT742-DM ﬁts directly onto a 33.7mm mounting mast. Sealed to IP66 and IP67 standard the sensor is extremely durable being made from hard anodised aluminium that is highly resistant to corrosion, sand, dust, ice, solar radiation and being struck by flying debris.
The sensor is heated giving it a wide operating range of -40° to +85°C and reads wind speed up to 75m/s meeting WMO standards making it the perfect choice for harsh environments and long-term remote wind monitoring.
Common applications for the FT742-DM sensor includes marine applications, buoys, extreme cold locations, hurricane and tornado research, airports, harbours, railways, ski resorts and mobile wind monitoring.
• Range 0-75m/s
• Resolution 0.1m/s
• Accuracy ±0.3m/s (0-16m/s), 2% (16-40m/s), ±4% (40-75m/s)
• Range 0 to 360°
• Resolution 1°
• Accuracy 4° RMS
• Measurement principle Acoustic Resonance (automatically compensates for variations in
temperature, pressure & humidity)
• Units of measure Metres per second, kilometres per hour or knots
• Altitude 0-4000m operating range
• Temperature range -40° to +85°C (operating and storage)
• Humidity 0-100%
• Ingress protecton IP66 and IP67
• Heater settings 0° to 55°C. The heater set point can be configured
• Resolution 0.1°C
• Accuracy ±20°C
• Under the following conditions:
• Speed Range 5m/s - 60m/s
• Operating Range -20°C to +60°C
• Temperature Difference <10°C
• between the air temperature and the actual temperature of the sensor.
*Available on digital sensors only
• Supply voltage 12V to 30V DC (24V DC nominal).
Supports 12V battery operation with reduced heater capacity
• Supply current (heater off ) 31mA typical
• Supply current (heater on) Limited to 4A (default), 6A (max) – configurable in software in 0.1A increments. Heater power consumption will depend on the energy required to keep the sensor's temperature at the user determined set point. The heater and sensor power consumption is limited by default to 99W.
• I/O connector 5-way (RS485 option), 8-way (4-20mA
option) multi pole connector|
• Sensor weight 380g
• Interface RS485 (half-duplex), galvanically isolated
from power supply lines and case
• Format ASCII data, polled or conti nuous output modes, Polar and NMEA 0183
• Data update rate Maximum 10 measurements per second
• Error handling When the sensor detects an invalid reading a character is set in the wind velocity output message.
• This error flag character is 1
• Interface 4-20mA, galvanically isolated from power
supply lines and case.
• Format One 4-20mA current loop for wind speed (different scaling factors are available). One 4-20mA current loop for wind direction (datum value configurable as 4mA or 12mA). Both analogue channels are updated ten times per second.
• 4-20mA configuration port This port is for the user to change the internal settings of analogue sensors and to perform diagnostic testing. This interface is not intended for permanent connection to a data logger or other device.
• Error handling When the sensor detects an invalid reading then both speed and directi on current loops will drop to a default value of 1.4mA (configurable up to 3.9mA).
|EMC & Environmental Tests|
• The FT7 Series have passed over 28 different
environmental test certificates including Corrosion, Icing,
De-Icing, Shock, Hail, Drop, ESD, power interruption and EMC.
Further test details and full test reports available on request.